Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Wedding 6-6-10

So we couldn't go much further into this blog without sharing my own wedding!   I loved my early June wedding in Florida in 2010. 

We got engaged and married in just 4 weeks!  I know, your probably thinking that sounds scaring but for me, not so much.  

We were on a tight budget so we did pick a local community center which had a great blank canvas for our special day! 

There was a gorgeous gazebo outside of the building and we had to have the ceremony underneath it.   (I always encourage brides to use any archway, gazebos, tree backdrops, etc. that is already located at the location.  Saves time, money and energy from installing your own or a rental.) 


We got married at 6pm on a Sunday.  I wish I would of done it a little sooner in the day to spread all the wedding bliss out to be a little longer. 


My hand was swollen and the ring didn't fit so smoothly.  Made for a cute photo though. 

My groom didn't want to wear a suit and I wasen't about to make him in the heat of June.  He looked super sharp in all black with a shimmery ivory tie. 


The girls all got to pick out their own dresses.  I choose the champagne color and they each picked their own style which was great because they each told me they wore their dress again! 


My engagement ring was an opal.  (That is my middle name). My ring looks antique even though it is not.  Greg wanted a solid gold band just like what his father wears- so that's what I got him. 

The flower girl was my maid of honors daughter. Love you Ra Ra!!  I'm her honorary "aunt"!   The ringbearer is Greg's nephew (mine too now!).  He is called 'Little Greg" after his uncle.  

My best friend Bev served as my maid of honor.  She is amazing!! 

The best man was Greg's brother and my sister in law was a bridesmaid too. 

{{ My Family- Mom, Me, My Brother Brian and Dad }}

Love, love, love this photo! 

Reception rundown- We were able to use the tables and chairs that were provided ($ save $).  We rented lavender linens and a ivory runner.   I ordered mint colored candles and my center pieces took the scene.  Blend of mini green hydrangeas, lavender roses, green roses, and complementing stock. 

We had rave reviews on the cake!!  It was classic vanilla cake with butter cream frosting.   We used a coordinating lavender ribbon and a stunning floral cake topper with a silver "N" on top! 

Thankfully he did not shove it in my face.  

Guest book, card basket and toss bouquet. 

Custom Champagne Flutes


Little budget or big budget all weddings are beautiful with the right components. Don't worry if your wedding budget doesn't equal a down payment on a house.  Love is all that matters and that's what will show up in your photos after!! 

Wedding wishes,
~M 

No comments:

Post a Comment