Thursday, October 29, 2015

"How He Asked"- My Engagement Story- Maddy & Jeremy

Photo By: Elizabeth Stevenson


Photo By: Elizabeth Stevenson

THE BEGINNING
~~
I started working at McDonald's in October of 2012. Jeremy had already been working there for quite some time. He was very quiet and shy which of course made me interested in trying to get to know him. When I started working there I was seeing someone but that soon ended and Jeremy did not let but a week pass before he started to open up to me and get to know me. We joked around all the time at work and quickly began hanging out outside of work. March 26, 2013 Jeremy met my parents and took me to see Identity Theft, where he asked me to be his girlfriend, and the rest is history.

Photo By: Elizabeth Stevenson

"WILL YOU..."
~~
Disney is like a HUGE deal to me. We went to celebrate our first year anniversary in 2014 and it has basically all I had been able to talk about since. Around Christmas time of 2014 my sister-in-law (who works for Disney Cruise line) asked Jeremy and I if we would like to come watch the kids for a day and then she would get us into a park the next day. Well of course I said yes! Not only did I get to hang out with some of my favorite kids but then I got to go to my favorite place with my favorite man. (Yes,that is a lot of favorites). So January 23, 2015 Jeremy met me at my apartment after I got off work and we headed up to Orlando. On the way up we talked about getting married, just like we have many times before, and I got the same "I just want to be in school" answer as always. But I respected that and I trusted God had an awesome plan. In all honesty I thought "He is insane for not taking this opportunity, its Disney, its the happiest place in the world", but I didn't want to ruin this trip so I forgot about it and just enjoyed our time. 

Photo By: Elizabeth Stevenson

Photo By: Elizabeth Stevenson

All day Saturday I saw Jeremy on his phone more than usual but again I thought I was just reading into things so I ignored it. I woke up Sunday morning, more than ready for this day to begin, not knowing it would be one of the most important days of my life. I got all of my Little Mermaid get-up on and we headed out. We got there as early as possible, Katie and Allegra came along so we could all ride the Mine Train together, it was all of our first times. After the ride Katie and Allegra left to ride Space Mountain and then they were "leaving". The morning seemed to go on forever, which was a good thing because little did I know the rest of the day would fly. I have to be honest I still had a little hope that he would pop the question, but he had me leading the way the whole time so I again brushed it off and enjoyed my time, he seemed relaxed and acting like it was just any other day.

Photo By: Elizabeth Stevenson

Okay, let me get to the good part...
We had lunch and then I wanted to go look at one of the shops up towards the front, so we headed up that way. This shop has absolutely everything Disney and I could easily spend on hour in it. About five minutes after going in Jeremy told me he NEEDED to throw away his drink NOW. So of course I was like "you can wait" and he argued that he had to do it right then. So I was like okay...? and we headed out the store to throw away the drink. He then said, since we are already out of there why don't we go take a picture near the castle (which we both wanted to do because our last pictures weren't very good). So we headed up there and we started getting super close and I told him we were getting too close but he insisted we go right up to the castle and I didn't think it was worth a fight so I just went along with it. We were about 10 yards from the castle and I look over and next thing I know I'm asking him why my mom is there. He insists it isn't her but I knew it was. He kept pulling me along trying to block me from seeing her, but I knew something was up.

Photo By: Elizabeth Stevenson

This part is kind of fuzzy but next thing I know Jeremy is down on one knee holding out the most gorgeous ring asking me to marry him. All I remember hearing was "Will you.." and he started to look like he was going to pass out so I grabbed him and held him and at that moment, though we were surrounded by hundreds of people, it felt like it was just me and him. In come my parents, his parents, and my sister-in-law and niece who never left the park apparently. Later that day he told me what he planned on saying to me and we spent the day with out parents riding rides and enjoying the shows. It was beyond magical and now January 25 with always be a date near and dear to my heart.

Photo By: Elizabeth Stevenson

I am beyond excited to be working with Madalynn & Jeremy on their upcoming wedding!!
Wedding Wishes,
Marie  












No comments:

Post a Comment